On Wednesday, December 6th, Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills will host a five-course wine dinner featuring Australia’s 170-year-old Penfolds Winery. The evening will be led by DLynn Proctor, Penfolds’ Winemaking Ambassador.
We’re thrilled to host DLynn and the Penfolds family at Mirbeau for this fabulous wine dinner. Here are our top three reasons for being excited about the Australian Wine Dinner on December 6th:
- It’s hosted by DLynn Proctor. You may have seen his face before—he was named the “Best New Sommelier in America” in 2008 by Wine & Spirits Magazine and more recently co-starred in the documentary film Somm on Netflix. We can’t wait to hear DLynn describe in vivid (and often unexpected) detail the wine’s our guests will be enjoying.
- The fabulous selection of Penfolds wines. Our Hotel Sommelier Errol Joseph curated the following selection of Penfolds wines for this dinner:
- Guests will begin with the 2015 “Bin 51” Riesling, Eden Valley upon arrival.
- The first course will be served with the 2015 Koonunga Hill Chardonnay, South Australia, a light to medium-bodied Chardonnay, featuring distinctive primary fruit characters, a subtle underlay of moderate oak, and a fresh and vibrant palate of fresh peach and tropical fruit.
- Next will come 2014 Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro, South Australia, featuring scents of black olive and dark black cherry laced with mixed herbs and spices and dark chocolate notes.
- The evening’s main course will be served with the highly acclaimed 2012 Grange, South Australia. “Grange” opens with complex savory notes, giving way to baked blackberries, plum preserves, hoisin and Chinese five spice.
- And finally, guests will savor the 2015 Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon, South Australia, featuring aromas of chive, lime, grapefruit dressing and Asian spices and flavors of cherry, tomato, and cola; and the NV “Club” Tawny Port, South Australia, a very spicy selection, with caramel and cinnamon flavors and sweet, silky finish.
- Chef Jeremy Martin’s Menu. Guests will enjoy a multi-course menu crafted by Chef Martin to perfectly complement our wine selections. The menu includes Grilled Shrimp with garlic chips, micro sorrel, toasted sourdough, and beurre fondue; coffee-dusted Venison Loin with roasted root vegetables, basil oil, and torn parsley; and Australian Lamb ‘T-Bone’ Chops with pommes duchess, mint pistou, and rosemary crumb. Dessert will be a flourless chocolate cake- one of our favorites, and perfectly paired with the NV “Club” Tawny Port.
The event begins with a reception at 6:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7:00 p.m. The cost is $185 per person; tax and gratuity are additional. A special overnight rate at the Inn is also available, with rooms starting at $165.00.
Reservations are required for this dinner, which is sure to sell out fast! Call 877-MIRBEAU to book your table.